Masterworks "Bluegrass" Spruce/Mahogany Dreadnaught w/ Pickup
Alvarez Masterworks MD60EBG
- Top Wood Solid AAA Sitka Spruce
- Body Finish Natural/Gloss
- Back and Sides Wood Solid African Mahogany
- Shape Dreadnought
- Neck One piece mahogany, 50/50 Semi gloss finish
- Bridge Bi-Level Indian Laurel/Rosewood
- Inlays Paua Abalone & Mother of Pearl
- Fingerboard Indian Laurel, 12th Fret Inlay Extended
- Nut and Saddle Real Bone
- Tuner Nickel Open Gear
- Binding Herringbone
- Bridge Pins Ebony
- Strings D'Addario EXP16
- Accessories AF30 FlexiCase
- Bracing Systems FS6 Forward Shifted, Tapered Tone Bars
- Neck Joint Dovetail
- Neck Meets Body 14th Fret
- Number of Frets 22
- Pickup / EQ LR Baggs VTC Element System
The Alvarez Masterworks series guitars represent such an incredible value. These instruments are made of all solid wood, with dovetail neck joints, and all the trimmings you would expect to find on instruments costing far more. We regularly put these guitars up against the gold standards for bluegrass and are always amazed at how well they compare.
In 2018 we launched the MD60BG, our take on a Bluegrass styled Dreadnought with modern dynamics for players looking for that optimal full tone. The MD60BG has become one of our best-selling guitars, and our Rosewood version takes power and clarity to a new level.
The MD70EBG’s response is instant, and its notes are clear and robust. The rosewood helps deliver sonorous bass frequencies complemented by shimmering trebles. When strumming, the FS6 bracing system and AAA Sitka top help deliver clarity and separation, and balance is clearly audible across all six strings.
These beautifully dressed guitars pay tribute to traditional Bluegrass instruments with open gear nickel tuners, classic inlays, premium tortoiseshell style pickguard and a flawless gloss finish.
The projection and overall breadth of tonal reach of this guitar is outstanding, making it hard to put down for those players looking for a powerful open voicing and instant response.
The MD70EBG is fitted with the fantastic LR Baggs Element-VTC pick up with soundhole console.